/* /* Eclectic Contemplative: A good day

Eclectic Contemplative

Driven by a need for a more reflective approach to existence, I am exploring contemplative thought from a variety of traditions, particularly Catholic and Buddhist, in an effort to find a practice that will enable me to access that "inner room" that is at once still and luminous.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A good day

Today was a good day. It was a busy day, filled with activities that served others. But I did it well and cheerfully and got to the end without feeling over-taxed and grouchy. That's not unusual for me, but it's still good.

I accept the fact that although the evening is "mine", I don't have the energy left for some of the things I might otherwise like to do. That's okay. That means those aren't the things I should try to do tonight.

What I should do tonight is relax in my jammies, watch a TV show that doesn't hurt my brain too much, have a diet Root Beer, and go to bed on time. And that's what I'm going to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home